Yesterday, I got a sudden idea of writing a list of 15 things that make me happy and this is what I wrote: (in no particular order)
- Getting a new book: holding a new book in my hand, smelling it, reading it and just letting the fact that I got a whole new story to explore through this book sink in, is an amazing feeling.
- Eating cold watermelon in the summer: just the fresh juiciness of cold watermelon bursting in my mouth after a sweaty bicycle ride in the hot sun is so soothing.
- Dancing in the rain: I love the rains + I love dancing = I love dancing in the rains! I really enjoy the feeling of raindrops on me and rhythmic sounds they make. Usually when it rains, I belt out old hindi songs and just dance!
- Swinging: swinging is so exhilarating! It makes me feel like I’m soaring. And especially after I watched a Disney show called Andi Mack, (swings are a vital part of it) I’ve fallen in love with swinging even more.
- Petting dogs: dogs are such beautiful animals, they’re so faithful and kind and everforgiving; bless their hearts. Petting them while they wag their tails is so wholesome.
- Lying in the grass and stargazing: we don’t have a lot of grass in Mumbai, let alone stars, but whenever we are out of town, I always sprawl out on the grass and look at the stars. It’s really calming. Even in mumbai, I make it a point to look up everyday and count the visible stars and shout, “HI ORION!” if I see him.
- Eating maggi/drinking sugarcane juice: these ones are two of my most supreme favorite foods. Eating/drinking them gives me a lot of joy.
- Making an artwork that I feel proud about: After I finish an artwork, it feels incomplete. I feel I can do so much more in my art, do so much better, make so many improvements in it. But once in a while I feel proud of it and that feels good.
- Curling up in a blanket to read a book: that, and having no one to interrupt you, and getting to go on a journey with your favorite characters while sitting in a place, it’s a wonderful thing.
- Cycling/Skating with the wind blowing in my face while I sing songs to myself.
- Making up stories in my head.
- Getting genuine appreciation.
- Getting surprise gifts.
- Jumping on a trampoline
You know what, it was so fun to think of things that make me happy, it made me smile a lot. I think you should go ahead and make your own list of things that make you happy! Have a nice day! Bye!